Nurse Externships may be offered in these clinical areas:
• Cardiac Observation
• Emergency Care Center
• Medical/Surgical Intensive Care
• Observation Care Center
You are eligible to apply if:
• You will be entering your final semester of nursing school
(i.e., Spring 2016 graduates are eligible for the Spring 2016 cohort, and Winter 2016 graduates are eligible for the Winter 2016 cohort. Please note we do not offer a cohort for Summer graduates at this time.)
• You are ranked in the top 15% of your class
• 500-word essay on Professionalism in Nursing
• 2 faculty recommendations with verification of class rank
• 2 peer recommendations
Fill out and submit our Nurse Extern Program interest form to talk with a recruiter about our application process.
Participants will be paid an hourly salary; however, the Nurse Extern is a PRN position and not eligible for benefits.
Schools of nursing may approve this program as a nursing elective for college credit, but it is the responsibility of the student to receive approval from their schools and complete the necessary paperwork to obtain academic credit.